There are some polls after the blog entries; please complete after reading blog.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Orlando Trip--Day 2

The phone rang (our wake-up call), the alarm went off, and eventually I got out of bed. I remembered Alex had told me sometime in the middle of the night about having an upset stomach. Figuring he probably hadn't slept that well, I decided we could skip our morning workout since he probably hadn't slept well. I went back to bed to rest a little more.

A little while later, we got up. Alex picked up sausage and eggs for me from the complimentary hotel breakfast, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

We went over to Universal's Islands of Adventure. We got on the Hulk and that was quite an exhilarating experience since I hadn't been on a roller coaster in some time.

We had been on every major ride--in some cases twice--by the time our friends Randy and Richard (that's them to the right of this paragraph) met up with us, around 10'ish. With them, we went on Poseidon's Fury, Spiderman, Pterodactyl, and more than one of Dr. Seuss' rides.

After the park, Alex mentioned he was ready for lunch/dinner and expressed a desire in going to Golden Corral. Initially, I was overcome with apprehension for what is someone on a low-carb diet to do in a place like Golden Corral, where I would have to come face-to-face with dozens, if not hundreds, of carbohydrate-laden temptation? I reluctantly decided to grant Alex his wish and we went to Golden Corral. Luckily, I managed to stick to my low-carb diet and found plenty of low-carb options that were satisfying.

No comments:

What is the cruelest way you have dumped someone or made him/her dump you?

Do you prefer to download songs or buy traditional albums?