There are some polls after the blog entries; please complete after reading blog.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Enough About Work


I will stop writing about work in my blog unless something unique happens; 98% of my days at work are nondescript. Anyhow, Alex and I just went for a nice jog/walk in the golf course in the Gables. I had a very decent workout, myself.

I just learned on Mac Rumors that Apple has upped the ante on their Mac Pro models. As BTO options, they feature up to two 3.0GHz or 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors, up to 32GB of RAM, and up to 4TB of internal storage, and 1600MHz, 64-bit dual independent frontside buses.

"The new Mac Pro is the fastest Mac we've ever made," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "With 3.2 GHz 8-core Xeon processing, a 1600 MHz front side bus and 800 MHz memory, the new Mac Pro uses the fastest Intel Xeon architecture on the market."

I did a little experiment. I configured myself a dream Mac on apple.com. My dream system has two 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors, 32GB of RAM, a Mac Pro RAID Card, 4TB of internal hard drive storage, an NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 1.5GB (Stereo 3D, two dual-link DVI), one 16x SuperDrive, an AirPort Extreme card (Wi-Fi), an Apple wireless Mighty Mouse and an Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) + Mac OS X, with no display (I already have enough displays at home). The grand total came out to $19,299.00. My birthday is coming up in July, in case you're interested.

No comments:

What is the cruelest way you have dumped someone or made him/her dump you?

Do you prefer to download songs or buy traditional albums?