There are some polls after the blog entries; please complete after reading blog.

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Karaoke Night Continues

We went to Karaoke night at Café Con Leche on Wednesday night as has become tradition. Alex did the first song of the night, "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode while I prayed to Him that Alex's singing would end soon. Immediately after this performance, Alex performed a second song, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from the musical film Mary Poppins. I must admit, the sound of it was something quite atrocious. Immediately after this, I performed "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5; whether my performance was loved is the subject of controversy. I then performed "Come Sail Away" by Styx--I think everyone wanted to go sail away until my song was over. Later on, Alex performed "I Try" by Macy Gray. He does, indeed. A subsequent song of Alex's was "Kiss The Rain" by Billie Myers. Other songs Alex performed included "Shoop" by Salt-N-Pepa. Alex and I also performed, together, "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" by They Might Be Giants. If you are interested in learning more about previous names of the city of Istanbul, not only English names but also names in other languages, then visit this link. One at a time, please. We don't want to overload the site.

Last night, we went back to Café Con Leche with Marisol, who is returning to Ohio today to continue her studies in the field of Pharmacy, a word which comes from the Greek φάρμακον, meaning drug. I know you needed to know that. Last night, it was 80s night there at the bar. We enjoyed a few drinks and 80s music. Marisol and I actually made it to the dance floor for a few brief minutes, but Alex simply didn't wanna put on his boogie shoes. After that, we went to Denny's where I experienced a moment of enlightenment, forgot all about my diet with reckless abandon and ate everything in sight--my main course consisted of the somewhat messy but never disappointing Nachos, but I helped Alex and Marisol with their food. I had an Oreo milkshake for dessert, further additing calories to my meal and shock to my system. Alex advised me to have an Alka-Seltzer before hitting the sack, a wise piece of advice which I gladly took. I am happy to report that I am in one piece this fine morning.

We are planning on returning to Café Con Leche this coming Wednesday, January 9th, at 9:30PM for some more Karaoke with talented Karaoke Jockey Amada. Do make an effort to attend, as the Jovian planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune) are going to be neatly lined up and, therefore, your success on this night and your subsequent entry into the music business is guaranteed.




No comments:

What is the cruelest way you have dumped someone or made him/her dump you?

Do you prefer to download songs or buy traditional albums?