There are some polls after the blog entries; please complete after reading blog.

Monday, February 25, 2008

New R.E.M. album due out in a few weeks


For those of you who follow or care about R.E.M., they have a new album, named Accelerate, scheduled for release on April 1, 2008 in North America, a day earlier in Europe and the rest of the world (though dates will differ in some countries). I have been faithful to this band but I admit they are not really my favorite band. I am currently listening for the first time to "Around The Sun," an album released in 2004, and I have yet to be impressed. Anyhow, I thought I'd share the information. The cover art for this album can be seen on the right. Let's hope this album is strong, they kind of need it to stay in the game.

An artist I have recently discovered who has made a strong impression on me is Jack Johnson (you may sample his music at his official website. He is a true poet and a talent unlike many you can hear nowadays. I have gone as far as to write him a note on MySpace and ask him to add Miami to his tour. This is one artist whose music I can listen to over and over and not get tired of it. Do stop by his website and lend an ear. I can guarantee you will not regret it.

No comments:

What is the cruelest way you have dumped someone or made him/her dump you?

Do you prefer to download songs or buy traditional albums?