There are some polls after the blog entries; please complete after reading blog.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Never going back to La Carreta off Douglas and 8th Street, or any Carreta, for that matter!

Yesterday, Alex and I went to eat at La Carreta and got truly shitty service. Our meals arrived like fifteen minutes apart. We asked for a second portion of bread+butter which never arrived. Our waters ran out and were left that way. We even went and got the manager and complained that our fries were cold (I did not eat my fries immediately because I was stuck waiting for my Cuban Sandwich, since I wanted to eat the two together). Then the manager had the audacity to say, "Do you want me to warm these up for you?" Not "I'll bring you new ones at no cost." The waitress had the balls to stay that "I've helping five tables" or something to that effect. Then later on she walked by and commented, "In the end, we [the waitresses] end up paying for everything." I then walked up to the manager and told him she was walking by and bitching instead of being apologetic. Anyway, we got the bill and we were charged for every damn thing. We are not going back to this place ever, and we are spreading the word about this service to everyone we know.

Oh, by the way, on our previous visit to this restaurant, we saw them pouring water which customers hadn't finished back into the pitcher (i.e. to serve to future customers). So if you ever go here, bear in mind you may be drinking "recycled" water.

No comments:

What is the cruelest way you have dumped someone or made him/her dump you?

Do you prefer to download songs or buy traditional albums?